CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Epitaphs

So in Mr. Thompson English class we were reading the book Spoon River. I liked learning about all the dead peoples storys in peoms. So he made us to a project for him writing epitaphs for two characters from a moive or book. I choose "A Walk To Remember." So I picked Jamie and Landon. Here are their epitaphs.


Jamie Sullivan: 1940-1958

Devoting my life for the sake of others,
Being sweet as sugar to those around me,
Is that all they saw in me?
Hiding my dear heavy heart behind books and intelligence.
Lifting my hands up every day,
Being gentle as a rose petal,
Is that all they saw in me?
Till finally opened my heart to the least unexpected.
When with him I was a princess dancing in the moonlight with my Prince Charming,
Not only did time stop in its track with him,
But my fears seemed to float away.
Most would say we were love-struck teenagers,
But it was more than that,
More than anyone would ever understand.

Landon Carter 1940-2003
She was a delicate as a premature baby,
She cared for deeper than a ocean trench,
Taught be to believe I could to anything,
That anything was possible,
All but her health.
There was a whole new me,
-another side I'd never felt nor seen,
That summer seemed to last forever,
But ended so soon.
Living life withoust any regrets,
Knowing her work was done,
Me beingher miracle,
Vowing to never remove my ring.
Watching the memory of her gliding towords me,
It was certainly a walk to remember.

1 comments:

Panda Girl said...

That is so sad! They're very good epitaphs... they gave me chills when I read them!