CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Water; H20

I hadn't noticed how much water means is to everyone. Of course I know that I practically swim in it every day, but that its essentional for every day life. I never really thought that it could be that important to everyone. Earth is 71% water. 97% of that water is salt water. Living in Utah it makes it harder for us to have fresh water. When only 3% of the water on is fresh. 10% is flowing water too! In Brinkhoff's science class I learned many triva facts such as:

1. Utah is the second driest state
2. 1/3 of Utah is desert....I wonder how it snows?!?
3. Water is the ONLY substance vitial to all living things.
4. People can survive without food for serval months, but without water less than a week.
5. People spend more than $600 million on skiing and playing on Utah's snow!
6. Ten inches of snow equals an average of one (1) inch of water.

After learning these vaublable facts it really made me think of all the uses humans use water for:

1. fills a pool
2. waters gardens
3. recyles
4. gives life to everything
5. damage/death
6. creates landforms
7. transports
8. cleans many things including us
9. we drink it
10. everyone one at least has some part of water in their body.

With that I hope you all will value water as much as I do now.

2 comments:

Border Walker said...

WATER!!! Dihydrogen Monoxide!

Anonymous said...

I love water too! My favorite thing in the whole world is the ocean. I swim in the ocean no matter how cold it is! ^_^