CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 19, 2007

As Most Can Asume SWIMMING

As most of you can asume me topic will be on swimming AGAIN. So if you don't want to hear about swimming stop now! I am on the Layton High swim team and yesterday was are first real meet. Since the High School gets out really early I got to check out since the bus would leave at two o'clock. Once boarded on the bus my friends and I opened the windows even if it was freezing outside just to feel the cold breeze through our hair. After a while you decided to play sweet and sour. In which you wave and people in the passing cars and if they wave their sweet and if not sour. At the begging I was on the side that didn't have a car lane and my friends did. On day this really fat old guy was in a truck passing the bus and when we waved are hands virguously back and forth, this old guy just sticks his finger up his nose. IT WAS SOOO GROSS!This game went on till we finally arrived at Orem. Once we passed the sign that said welcome to Orem the bus went silent with a nervous chill through out the air in the bus. Once out of the bus and entering the receration center there it was so pretty. They had bicyles and treadmills and a whole bunch of stuff with tv's and with halloween music in the air. Once in the womens dressing rooms it was HUGE there was like ten showers WITH curtains, rows and rows of lockers and plenty of dressing rooms and mirrors. Now the best part was the pool. It was huge like the locker room and had starting blocks and so many more cool things. At that moment before the meet started I found out what events I would participate in. I would be swimming two two hundred relays and fifty and one hundred yards. All free style!! I was so releaved. I wouldn't have to swim any other strokes. Not that I'm bad at them just that I prefer free style more. Well any ways the first relay was pretty good. I was the anchor which meant I would be going last out of the four. And after I just cheered for anyone even I didn't really know them that well. Then came event seven, heat 3. I would be swimming a fifty freestyle. I wasn't really nervous but I could tell that many other girls that where in my heat older and buffer were. I once I heard the anoucer say take your mark. I forgot why I wasn't nervous and just focused on what I had to do to be the best. And then came the beep that terrors most swimmers. I leaped into the water and remembered not to breath till I had a least done five strokes. And thats when I was ahead of everyone else. Usaully at swim meets I can see the figure of someone else in front of me but not this time surprizenly! I was in the lead and could see my team mates moving the mouths but hear nothing. Once I saw I was half way across the pool I got a sense of joy rushing through me and touched the pat. And when I came up to grasp for air I saw no one at the wall! but me and could now hear my couches yelling and cheering with my team mates. After that I was out of breath and still cheered and streamed for people to swim faster. Then the time rose again that I would be swimming a hundred yards. This time when I heard the beep I leaped as the first time and felt the cold water circling around every part of me. At some moment when I thought I had been DQ'd for the start I swam even faster with a desire that I had never had to touch the wall. And as I passed the walls I slammed the pad and ended up being first in my heat and with the time of one minute and 13. something seconds. My the end of the meet I basically almost lost my vioce for cheering and yelling so loud. Once on the bus again we got to see the results. In the fifty yrds. I got 33seconds and came in ninth in my event. In the hundred yrds. I was so amazed with my self. I came in fourth in that event. I would have been thrid only by three seconds. And I felt pretty good the rest of the night including that I had been the youngest out of the all the girls who had swam that event. So now I must end this blog and thank everyone who actually read the entire post. Toodles!!

2 comments:

Olivia said...

i wish i knew how to swim!

Panda Girl said...

Wow good job!!! I thought you liked backstroke???